The main focus of OASES is in areas of pharmacology and neurosciences. This research group is comprised of individuals who have interacted informally and collaborated on research involving range of aspect of toxicology and pharmacology.
The OASES group is headed by Prof Dr. Aishah Adam who trained in Biochemical Toxicology before joining academic in 1985. She is currently the Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy, advisor editor of Malaysian Journal of Pharmacy and Asia Pacific Journal of Pharmacology.
Other members include:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Kazi Ahsan Jamil (Faculty of Dentistry, UiTM Shah Alam)
- Dr Mizaton Hazizul Hasan (Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM Puncak Alam)
- Dr Nur Suraya Adina Suratman (Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM Puncak Alam)
- Dr Aida Azlina Ali (Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM Puncak Alam)
- Pn Maziana Mahamood (Faculty of Pharmacy, UiTM Puncak Alam)
OASES use in vitro and in vivo models to investigate the effects of drugs and natural compounds on body system. Since 2012, group members have obtained significant research funding as project leaders, amounting to RM 877 000.00. Members are also actively collaborating with researchers from other groups.
Current Research Projects
- Efficacies of natural products on inflammation-related diseases.
- Evaluation of antidiabetic, wound healing abilities and toxicity profile of Tinospora cordifolia extracts in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats
- Awareness and perception of MOOC among students and academic staff at Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Molecular mechanisms of tocotrienol and vitamin C in combating oxidative stress in Down Syndrome.
- Antibacterial mechanism of oil palm leave (Elaeis guineensis) extract’s nanosuspension in periodontal disease
- Anti-cancer mechanism of palm oil tocotrienols nanosuspension in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Molecular mechanism of periodontitis induced neuro-modulatory gene expression in rat central nervous system.
- Contact no: +603-32584651
- Fax: +603-32584602